Property of the Foundation
The Foundation is responsible for the following:
Plas Brondanw and garden:
This was Sir Clough's house, see our Plas Brondanw history page and illustrations of the Garden. While the original building dates back to the sixteenth century, the formal gardens are a striking example of twentieth century architectural gardens.
Surrounding Plas Brondanw is the Brondanw Estate, see our Estate history page. The Foundation's aim is to protect it from inappropriate development, and have sustainable farming flourish alongside rugged areas that provide walking access for the public.
The village of Portmeirion was built between 1925 and 1973, see our Portmeirion history page. The Foundation's aim is to maintain Sir Clough's architectural creation. This property is leased to Portmeirion Ltd which is responsible for upkeep and care.